Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SAN FRANSICO MAYOR PUTS OBAMA ON BLAST OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

Hey, Obama!! Remember us? We're the LGBT community that helped you become president and you promised our community a lot of things. I know it's only been a year, but guess what...... it takes about five seconds to make a statement in support of marriage equality. I'm not the only one who feels this way. In a New York Times column, Maureen Dowd spoke to San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom about this situation. Newsom says, "I want him to succeed. But I am very upset by what he’s not done in terms of rights of gays and lesbians. I understand it tactically in a campaign, but at this point I don’t know. There is some belief that he actually doesn’t believe in same-sex marriage. But it’s fundamentally inexcusable for a member of the Democratic Party to stand on the principle that separate is now equal, but only on the basis of sexual orientation. We’ve always fought for the rights of minorities and against the whims of majorities." It's so true!! I am so upset over the broken promises and lack of support Obama has given people who were so vocal in their support of him. It angers me to hear people saying "he's only had a year to undo the last 8 years". I call bullshit on that. Quit trying to UNdo and just DO! At least come out in support of the things you said you believed in to get elected. If it takes three-and-a-half years to do what you said you were going to do, I will not waste my vote on you again, sir. GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND STAND UP FOR EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE OR BE AT RISK OF FURTHERING THE "LYING PRESIDENT" MONIKER TO 12 YEARS!!!! [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment