Friday, April 23, 2010

JONI MITCHELL SLAMS BOB DYLAN AS A "FAKE"

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!! In this corner, coming in at 1 pound, lovely, blond songbird Joni Mitchell. In this corner, also coming in at 1 pound, the gruff, the deep, Bob Dylan!! It's a folk-off!!!!! In a recent interview Joni Mitchell was asked about her decision to change her name from her given name of Roberta Joan Anderson, likening it to Bob Dylan changing his moniker from Robert Zimmerman. Well, Joni did not take kindly to the comparison stating, "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception. We are like night and day, he and I. As for my name, my parents wanted a boy, so they called me Robert John; when I came out a girl, they just added two letter 'A's to that. Then I married Chuck Mitchell; I wanted to keep my maiden name - I had a bit of a following as Joni Anderson - but he wouldn't let me." Tell us how you really feel, Joni. I am on team Joni with this one, because I hate Bob Dylan's voice. He has written some good songs though. I wonder what is behind the resentment. I hope someone digs deeper on this one!! Don't mess with Joni. She'll pave your ass and put up a parking lot. [source and image]

4 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! I LOVE THIS POST>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Joni Mitchell in Toronto. I was standing in line at the Westin Harbour Castle, a hotel near the water in Toronto. I noticed someone was standing very close to me (behind me). I turned around, and noticed this older woman waring a french "baret". I had, by coincidence, watched a television program on Joni Mitchell, describing her painting career about two weeks earlier. I knew I recognized the person behind me, who was standing beside her daughter and grand daughter, but couldn't quite place her. I then said, "you remind me of someone...you look a lot like Joni Mitchell. She then said, "Well, that is because I am." I then, as only a Canadian would, told her I was a fan of her music, and had watched a show about her previous career as a painter, and promptly left so as to not interfere with her family day.

    Malcolm P. MacPherson

    www.vancouvervusinesslaw.ca
    www.vancouverbusinesslawyers.ca
    www.vancouvercommerciallawyer.ca
    www.vancouvercorporatelawyers.ca
    www.aboriginalbusinesslaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like they slept together! Scorpios find geminis secretive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you won't believe this. But I can ape Joni Mitchell's voice when I sing and yes this has nothing to do with this article.

    ReplyDelete