Friday, April 30, 2010

THIS IS WHAT A FIFTH FLOOR WALK-UP IN NYC IS LIKE...

I did this little trip a few times a day for about 10 years, which is probably why my ass and legs are like steel! Brag much? Yes, I do. I am moving out of my old place on the UWS of Manhattan today and it's so weird. I and most of my friends at one time or another have lived in this apartment. It's the end of an era I guess. Goodbye to Carol, the toothless woman who washes her hair in the fire hydrant and has no teeth. Goodbye to the bald old lady who dances to salsa muisc on her stoop. Goodbye tiny gay bar that I got drunk in so many times. Goodbye hot Columbia students. Goodbye laundry mat that was always empty when I needed you to be. Moving on. Watch the video below to get an idea of what I put my poor body through for years. I know you might not think it's that bad, but I hauled laundry and groceries up it too, so shutever!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been a victim of those stairs...they will be missed smh

    ReplyDelete