Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LILY ALLEN SAYS HER BRIT AWARDS MEAN "NOTHING"

Lily Allen sometimes forgets to stop talking. After winning a Brit Award for Best Female Solo Artist she said it was the "perfect goodbye" before retiring from her music career for a while. Now, just a couple of months later, Lily has decided it was all crap. In a recent interview Lily says, "I got a Brit Award recently. And that was something four years ago that I would have died for. But when I finally got that award it meant absolutely nothing to me. Because I now know that the Brit Awards is a TV show. Record company executives make deals with a TV channel and the producers about who wins what award in exchange for performance time. So it's just become a non-award, like 'Thank you for this'". While that maybe true, Lily probably should have just left it alone. I mean, it's still an award, right? I love Lily, so she can have an award from me anytime she wants. I hope she wouldn't think mine was meaningless. Sad face. [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment