Wednesday, October 16, 2013

HUMPDAY SEXY SONG: ANGEL - GAVIN FRIDAY

Angel is one of the most ethereal/sexy songs I can think of. It doesn't hurt that the song was used on the amazy 1996 Baz Luhrmann film Romeo + Juliet. The song speaks of a lover who brings love like an angel from heaven and evokes that feeling perfectly. Although it was not released as a single and was originally on Gavin's 1995 album Shag Tobacco, this song has had panties dropping since it's inclusion on the R+J Soundtrack and (perhaps most importantly) it made it's way onto my wedding mix. I mean, could there be a higher compliment? I think not. If you don't own the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack you are missing one of the best, most eclectic grouping of songs you can get your hands on. 90s Realness, Gurl!! Now watch Leonardo DiCaprio slobber all over a 17-year-old Claire Danes in a compilation video from R+J, then go hump someone......or something. I'm not judging. Enjoy.

2 comments: