Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SANTIGOLD BASHES BETTER, ESTABLISHED ARTISTS IN NEW VIDEO

Santigold, aka M.I.A. lite, is the worst kind of artist. I went to see her show in support of her first album because I liked it. It was at a small venue, Terminal 5, in NYC. Appropriate because she was just beginning and not many people knew her. She had two opening acts (standard for the venue) and I expected that, since she was advertised for 8 PM, she'd probably hit the stage around 9. That's not so unusual for a concert. But...NO! She made the crowd wait until 10 o'clock! TWO HOURS AFTER THE LAST OPENING ACT!! I was walking out the door as she came on and couldn't be bothered to even turn around. My friends who stayed said she played for 45 minutes and left. Who the hell does she think she is? You do not treat people like that when you are a new artist trying to gain fans. I deleted her from my iTunes and shared this story with anyone who would listen. Now she has the nerve to bash other artists in her video, Big Mouth, for attention. She references Lady Gaga with "gagagaga"(how original) and the showing of a mermaid, like in the You and I video. She goes after Katy Perry by showing her naked with blue hair, a la her Teenage Dream album cover, and petting a cat with T.G.I.F. on it. What a bitch!! I hope this song gets the attention it deserves, which is NONE AT ALL. F**k you, Santigold, or Santogold (which was her name on her first album before she was forced to change it in a law suit), or whoever you are this week. Feed off your own talent, not those more established and talented. You can watch the video below. Good luck getting through it.

7 comments:

  1. OMG just saw her tonight and she was sooooo AWESOME!!! Pharell came out and killed it as well. Sorry for your experience. I was so inspired tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad you had a good experience. Hopefully she has learned a lesson about respecting her audience and other artits.

      Delete
  2. The fact that you don't like her doesn't necessarily mean that she's not talented, in fact she's one of the most talented artist I ever had the pleasure to listen... You poor and tasteless little thing... Feel so sorry for you, I really hope that Katy Perry and Lady GaGa full your soul with joy and happiness, best regards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you learn to read and write English. Lots of things "full" my soul. I don't think she's talentless because I don't like her. I think she's talentless because she's talentless. You're welcome.

      Delete
    2. How is she talentless but you liked her debut album? Confusing.

      Delete
  3. More Haterade for you, sir?

    If you think Katy Perry and Lady Gaga are truly "more talented" than Santi, you need help. So she went on late at a concert...so what? It's not a personal attack. This post just screams "butthurt fanboy". You're doing the same thing you accuse her of, which is attacking someone 'more established' to gain attention. Stahp.

    Santigold is a glimmer of hope in a dark music industry. She is one of a handful of female artists who doesn't rely on her body to sell records, which is worth a lot. If I were her, I'd be dissing these talentless corporate whores too. It's depressing what they've done to pop music.

    Santigold foreva.

    ReplyDelete