Thursday, January 26, 2012

FORGOTTEN CLASSIC: I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU - TAYLOR DAYNE

Taylor Dayne can sing!! That is undeniable. The native New Yorker had a slew of hits in the 80s and early 90s and then..poof..she was gone. Some of her most memorable hits were Tell It To My Heart, Prove Your Love and the #1 song Love Will Lead You Back. One of MY personal faves of Taylor though was the one that most people seem to forget, the #3 hit from 1988, I'll Always Love You. The third single off her debut album, Tell It To My Heart, I'll Always Love You is a quintessential 80s ballad; simple, moving with a great hook. And that VOICE!! I mean, Taylor Dayne had one of the most recognizable, strong voices in pop music. While her pop fame declined, she has consistently charted on the dance charts and kept her career going, even appearing in Aida on Broadway for a time. If you watch for her, you can find Taylor touring every now and again. When you do, you will probably hear this gem coming from her magnificent trap. Here is the oft forgotten classic, I'll Always Love You. Check out that hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment