Monday, December 2, 2013

FLASHBACK: MY MUSIC 1985 - DECEMBER 1st

Lots of new stuff popped into my countdown this week in 1985. Whitney Houston's third single, and arguably her best ever, How Will I Know peeks around the corner at #30 and then some strictly 80s fellas jump in front of her. MEN!! Am I right, ladies? Ready for the World had their follow up Digital Display and Corey Hart and Paul Young have some lesser known songs debut as well. Dire Straits somehow were on my chart in the top 10. Go figure. BUT the newest thing is a new #1 song by someone who has three hits on the chart this week. I still love that woman too. Most of the countdown just shuffled around this week, but one song....WOW, did it fall. Separate Lives by Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin was sitting pretty at #2 last week and this week it is GONE! I guess I separated those lives pretty quickly, bitch! See what I did there? Okay, so just click on some links and enjoy some 80s realness. Until next week, whatever.

30. How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
29. Digital Display - Ready for the World
28. Everything Must Change - Paul Young
27. Everything In My Heart - Corey Hart
26. Tears are Falling - KISS
25. That's What Friends Are For - Dionne and Friends
24. Wrap Her Up - Elton John
23. It's Only Love - Bryan Adams and Tina Turner
22. Love Is the Seventh Wave - Sting
21. Sidewalk Talk - Jellybean
20. Conga - Miami Sound Machine
19. I'm Your Man - Wham!
18. Holly Rock - Sheila E.
17. Small Town - John Cougar Mellencamp
16. Do It For Love - Sheena Easton
15. Alive and Kicking - Simple Minds
14. Perfect Way - Scritti Politti
13. Lover Come Back To Me - Dead or Alive
12. Emergency - Kool & The Gang
11. Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves - Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin
10. Walk of Life - Dire Straits
09. America - Prince & The Revolution
08. Party All the Time - Eddie Murphy
07. Election Day - Arcadia
06. Love Bizarre - Sheila E. and Prince
05. Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
04. Say You Say Me - Lionel Richie
03. Oak Tree - Morris Day
02. Never - Heart
01. Sister Fate - Sheila E.

No comments:

Post a Comment