Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FLASHBACK: MY MUSIC IN 1985 - DECEMBER 8th

Sorry for the delayed posting this week. I had a crazy weekend. SO this week in 1985 I was listening to lots of new music. Billy Ocean was a thing, Stevie Nicks was a goddess (as always) and Sheila E. was still hogging up all the space on my countdown. Heart was slowing slipping down the list, inch by inch, but in good news Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time fell from #8 to #SEEYA!! Oh, joy. I guess I did like that song at some point though. My 1985 self should be ashamed. Anyway, if you click on the links below you can watch videos, and some of them are surprises. The #1 song AGAIN this week is Sister Fate, so I uploaded a very awkward Japanese television performance and interview that Sheila E. did in 1985. It's kind of everything. Check it out, bitches! Later.
30. When The Going Gets Tough - Billy Ocean
29. Everybody Dance - Tamara and the Scene
28. Talk to Me - Stevie Nicks
27. Digital Display - Ready for the World
26. Everything Must Change - Paul Young
25. Everything In My Heart - Corey Hart
24. Tears Are Falling - KISS
23. How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
22. It's Only Love - Bryan Adams and Tina Turner
21. Love Is the Seventh Wave - Sting
20. Wrap Her Up - Elton John
19. That's What Friends Are For - Dionne and Friends
18. Sidewalk Talk - Jellybean
17. Holly Rock - Sheila E.
16. Conga - Miami Sound Machine
15. Small Town - John Cougar Mellencamp
14. Do It For Love - Sheena Easton
13. I'm You Man - Wham!
12. Alive and Kicking - Simple Minds
11. Perfect Way - Scritti Politti
10. Emergency - Kool & The Gang
09. Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves - Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin
08. Walk of Life - Dire Straits
07. Election Day - Arcadia
06. America - Prince & The Revolution
05. Never - Heart
04. Love Bizarre - Sheila E. and Prince
03. Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
02. Say You Say Me - Lionel Richie
01. Sister Fate - Sheila E.

No comments:

Post a Comment