Thursday, May 3, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 11

DAY 11: Woohoo! I am so proud of myself. I'm halfway through this (super easy) 21-Day cleanse and I feel fanstasgreat, energetic and light. It's really a huge difference in my health and my mood. So great!! My morning started off with the super green juice, as usual, and a healthy dose of Scissor Sisters blazing in my ears. My AM at work was quick, painless and uneventful (in a good way). I did, however, have my first real urge to ingest something I can't have today: Diet Coke! I wanted one really badly, but instead I made myself some green tea w/ lemon & stevia and I was satisfied. Crisis averted! As part of my daily focus, which is outlined in the Crazy Sexy Diet book for each day of the cleanse, I was to write a list of 10 things I absolutely love. I included a picture (lower right) of that list on this post to share with the world. They were the first things that popped into my head, but of course I love MILLIONS of things. You can click on the picture to enlarge it if you can't quite make it out. More good news came this afternoon in the form of my super amazing sister-in-law getting a great new job that she wanted. It also made me realize how much I miss her, my brother-in-law and my two adorable nephews. Waaahh!! They live in Boston, and although not too far from NYC in the scheme of things, it's hard to get away this time of year it seems. Hopefully things will slow down as the Spring/Summer moves on and we'll have an opportunity to get to Beantown. Okay. I pulled it together and headed on with the day. That was a mini emotional roller coaster, huh? I got home and hopped on my elliptical for a nice cardio workout while, yes, watching Friends. AGAIN!! You should be over this by now. I watch Friends 10 times a week. My name is Wendell and I'm a Friends-aholic. Anyhoo, my handy friend and gaybor came over to help me put in our new air conditioner. Well, he put the AC in and I pretty much watched. He has tools and everything!! So we are officially set for any hot, muggy weather that may come our way, and with the forecast being 81 and raining tomorrow, I think we're gonna need it pretty damn soon. Having the Mexican Pilaf again tonight. Yes, there are other options to make, but we are little obsessed with this dish. I am not kidding you, people. It's crazy amazy! Okay, gotta adios for now. Day 12, get ready to be my bitch!

7:15 AM - Water w/ Lemon and Cayenne
8:00 AM - Green Juice
11:30 AM - LUCH - Salad w/ beans, corn, cucumber and raw sauerkraut
3:15 PM - SNACK - Carrots and Hummus
5:00 PM - Cardio Workout
5:35 PM - SunWarrior Protein shake w/ Banana and Coconut Water
8:00 PM - Mexican Pilaf

2 comments:

  1. one of my life's greatest joys as your next-door gaybor is popping in to find you sweating it out on your elliptical, and struggling to keep a coherent sentence going bc the episode of Friends is back from commercial. it's true y'all -- it's so true!!

    so proud of your getting so goddamn clean -- i could just hate you.. hug you. hug you. Cxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chase! You're the best!! Even during Friends....

    ReplyDelete