Saturday, May 12, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 20

DAY 20: Well dinner last night was absolutely amazy!!! It was a taste sensation and the restaurant was sooooo pretty. We sat outside on their back patio (pictured), the weather was perfection and the wait staff was great. OH, and there were two celebrities there; Crispin Glover (McFly from Back to the Future) and Kyan Douglas (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). I used the term "celebrities" loosely, fyi. Anyway, we had Plate of Assorted Cultured Dr. Cow Tree Nut Cheeses and Rosemary Crisps and Natsu Maki of Avocado, Pickled Red Onion and Asparagus for appetizers and hubby had Hen of the Woods Tacos al Pastor while I ate the delish Sweet Corn and Cashew Tamales with Chili Spiced Portabella. I'm not kidding you when I tell you it was the best meal I've had in YEARS!! Oh, and we celebrated with Master Cleanse Tinis. Delish. I can't believe that everything we ate was raw, vegan food. Again, look at the menu for Pure Food and Wine HERE. After we returned home some friends came over and we all watched a wonderfully horrible, cheesy gay rom-com called eCupid. I love making fun of those movies. Okay. Slept like a baby. Today I woke up around 8:30 and ran a couple of errands for housecleaning supplies and groceries. I came home and had my water w/ lemon and cayenne while I made juice for the morning. Hubby slept in. Tired guy. I drank my juice while checking email and Facebook. After that I was ready for a little cardio, so hubby and I decided to take a nice walk since it was so nice out and he had to go out of town for the day. It gave us some time together. I was meeting my bestie who is having a baby and her husband for lunch. We ate at Hummus Kitchen, which has plenty for me and is delicious also. I took off for a little shopping on Fifth Avenue (the cheaper stores, ha) and found a cute summer tank top and an awesome tee. The rest of the afternoon was a lazy one. Just lounged around and relaxed while doing laundry and watching tv. I made the cucumber and avocado soup for dinner in time for hubby to be home and we plan on getting our last juice later from Westerly. It was a lovely, sunny Saturday. One last day left on this incredible cleanse. What a joy it's been. See you on Day 21!

8:30 AM - Water w/ Lemon & Cayenne
10:00 AM - Green Juice
12:00 PM - LUNCH - Super Healthy Salad
3:00 PM - SNACK - Rice crackers and hummus
7:00 PM - DINNER - Cucumber & Avocado Soup
9:00 PM - Green Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment