Wednesday, May 9, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 17

DAY 17: My morning started off with my alarm going off somewhere other than beside my bed. Where was that rascally thing? Ha. I was so tired last night I left it sitting on the table in the living room. Oh, well. Still heard it!! I hit the gym on a misty New York morning for my 6 AM workout and just caught the rain on the way home. It was actually pretty refreshing and the temperature made it one of those lovely springtime rains. I had myself a SunWarrior protein shake and took my shower and read my daily affirmation, inspiration, et al. In those readings today it reminded me that I need to be my best friend. Pat MYSELF on the back and be proud of myself. Ask myself questions like: What needs more attention in my life? What's one thing I could take off my plate that would allow me more free time? What loving words about myself would my best friend (me) tell me? These are all good questions to ask yourself every now and then. We can always take time to improve our mental state. I laid on the floor and gave myself a couple minutes of a belly rub. I started on the upper right side under the ribs and apply moderate pressure while moving in small circles across and down the left side. It helps push...well, you know....down and throug the intestines a little. It works too! I got dressed for work and before I left for the train and my hubby left for the gym, we actually had a little time to put on some Dolly Parton and have a little dance. FUN!! Why don't we do that everyday, I wonder. Train equalled Dolly this morning. My AM at work included a fire drill with a pretty funny, stereotypically New York guy giving us instructions we've all known since childhood. But somce he was entertaining, it was okay. Then a morning snack and some tea. Yum. I got a compliment on how thin I'm looking from my lovely co-worker, who is now my favorite (ha), and I felt really great about that. It's nice to know things are evident to others like they are to me. My afternoon work was done VERY early due to some good things that happened, so I retreated back to my desk to do some other work and a little light reading. I was able to make a reservation for hubby and I to have a celebratory, almost end of cleanse dinner at a raw food restaurant we've been dying to try called Pure Food & Wine. Click the link and check out the delicious menu. I cannot wait to try that food!!!! Got home and had myself a green smoothie and after talking with the hubby I looked online and found a recipe for Walnut "Meat" Taco Salad. Hmmmm. I love taco salad, so I figured I'd give it a try. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS I COULD DIE!! There's absolutely NO cooking involved and it takes about five minutes if you buy organic salsa and guacamole. I can't even tell you. This is going to be a staple. All right. Only FOUR more days of cleanse. Seems like nothing because I'm loving it so far. 

6:00 AM - Water w/ Lemon & Cayenne. Lower Body Workout
7:15 AM - SunWarrior Protein Shake w/ Bananas & Raw Almond Butter
8:00 AM - Green Juice
10:40 AM - SNACK - Black Sesame Rice Crackers w/ Guacamole. Herbal Tea
12:00 PM - LUNCH - Broccoli & Carrots w/ Hummus
3:30 PM - SNACK - Handful of Mixed Nuts
5:20 PM - Green Smoothie
8:00 PM - Walnut "Meat" Taco Salad






No comments:

Post a Comment