Tuesday, May 1, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 9

DAY 9: Still riding the high off my weight loss breakthrough (that sounds dramatic), yesterday was an absolute delight!! Last night the finale of RuPaul's Drag Race came on and, as expected, my fave Sharon Needles took the title!!! Sorry if you didn't know, but it was almost 24 hours ago, beyotch! I'm not RuPaulogizing for it (thanks, Willam). Woke up this morning and made my first smoothie of the cleanse. It's the same raw fruit and veggie ingredients basically, but you make it in the blender instead of the juicer. It's thicker. You know, like a smoothie. Duh! :) Anyhoo, it got my morning off on the right foot. I made my salad for lunch and I was off, full of energy and vim and vigor. I put on my shirt, which is noticeably looser, by the way, and I braved the rain to get to work this morning. It's a little muggy, but whatayagonnado? I can totally tell that my mood is better since I've started cleansing because the things at work that used to send me over the edge with annoyance for full on anger are not even bothering me now. I put up with a lot of things that would cause a caustic response or a well-placed "AHEM" prior to my new chemical balance. Ommmmm. ha. But seriously, I'm delightful these days, I must say. My salad I made for lunch was delish and then I set about doing my usual afternoon work, interspersed with reading Mockingjay (I'm less than 100 pages from finishing) and wondering exactly how humid it is outside. ha. After work I stepped out into what turned out to be a completely wonderful afternoon, weather-wise, and caught a train just pulling into the station to make a brisk return to my apartment. I had my water with lemon and cayenne to give myself another boost of energy and hopped on my little home elliptical for a cardio workout. Nice! I had some green juice and talked to my hubby about dinner. We decided on gluten free pasta with the same sauce we made for the Mexican Pilaf (see Monday) because we are totes obsessed with that sauce!!!! A couple of our very best friends came over and ordered in their food and we all ate together like grown-ups. Ha. Day 9 was a freakin' breeze, y'all! Bring it on, Day 10.

7:15 AM - Water w/ Lemon and Cayenne
7:45 AM - Green Guru Smoothie
12:15 PM - Mixed salad w/ Raw veggies, beans and nutritional yeast.
12:45 PM - Herbal tea w/ Stevia
3:00 PM - Brown Rice Cake w/ Raw Almond Butter
5:00 PM - Cardio workout
6:15 PM - Green Juice
8:00 PM - Gluten-free Pasta w/ Mexican sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment