Monday, May 14, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: THE WRAP-UP


15 POUNDS LIGHTER, BEYOTCHES!!
IT'S OVER: I can't believe it's over. I gotta tell you, this is the most enjoyable "diet" I've ever done. It's completely changed not just the way I eat, but the way I think about my body, my life and those around me. The reason I wanted to do this cleanse wasn't for weight loss, although I assumed that it would be a part of the process and I wasn't hating that, but because I wasn't living the best I could. I wasn't treating my body or mind the way that made me feel good about myself. I was putting too much crap in my body: Junk food, soda, too much alcohol. I was waking up with a hang over every Sunday and wasting half a day sitting at home nursing it. Was it worth it? NO. I'm not saying I won't ever drink again. What I am saying is that I've learned that OVER-drinking is something I don't want to do anymore. Have a cocktail. Have three. Who am I, the police? I just want to feel well every day. Coincidentally, this crazy, sexy cleanse has helped me shed 15 POUNDS in three weeks. When I started this cleanse on April 23rd I weighed 179 pounds. As of this morning, May 14th, I weigh 164 pounds. I am wearing clothes and sizes I haven't worn in years. I feel energetic, light and fantastic. I also feel mentally healthy. I have tried every day of this process to be positive and start the day off with happy thoughts. I've tried to avoid negativity and even stopped watching some of the shows on tv (Bad Girls Club, Mob Wives) that I thought were putting bad vibes in my head, which in turn made ME put vibes out to the universe. I have learned that just because you WANT something -- i.e. clothes, bad food, alcohol, et al -- doesn't mean that it's what's best for you in the long run. I think twice about decisions I'm making about my body and my finances. It feels empowering. I KNOW that I can control my diet and my drinking without sacrificing a good time. It's not what my fun depends on. If everyone else is going out to have drinks and I don't want to, I don't have to! If I can't control my life, who can? So many people, whether on this blog, Facebook and in REAL life, have reached out to me and asked me about what cleanse I'm doing. They want to lose weight. I tell them that THIS cleanse and the Crazy, Sexy Diet are not really about losing weight (although you will) they are about changing your life. I have changed my life. The best part is that my hubby and I did this TOGETHER. Over the past few weeks we've learned about US too. We've talked about things that we hadn't really talked about before. We worked as a team and, I think, became closer because of it. What other diet can do THAT for you. My plan is simple; live better. I still got up and had my water w/ lemon and cayenne this morning. I did my upper body workout. I had my juice and packed my salad for lunch. I am killing it, y'all! Live healthy, have fun. Don't let anything stand in your way. If I can do it, Mr. 5-Martinis-a-Saturday, so can you!! I highly recommend you buy Crazy, Sexy Diet by Kris Carr and read it. See for yourself what a healthier life can do for you. I actually didn't think I was eating that bad before I started this. In comparison to some, I wasn't. But there was so much more I could do to love myself. I hope that following my 21-Day Cleanse was as enjoyable and inspiring for you as it was for me. Here's to a great day and an even better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love you darling. Doing this cleanse with you was one of the best experiences ever. Plus I weighed myself this morning and I lost 12 pounds. That's 4 lbs each week! Nuts! Love you -Hubby

    ReplyDelete