Saturday, January 14, 2012

THE MAJORITY OF WHAT MADONNA IS SAYING ABOUT GAGA IS LOVELY

DON'T GET IT TWISTED, PEOPLE! Despite what the media is trying to lead you to believe, Madonna is not on a Lady Gaga bashing tour. Madonna was asked about Gaga at every interview. DOY! Of course she was!! Madonna is globally THE TOP SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME, this is her first album to come out since Lady Gaga blew up, so people want to know her opinion. Yes, Madonna called Born This Way reductive. (like Madonna told Cynthia McFadden, "look it up".) but she's also had a lot of lovely things to say. On UK chat-fest The Graham Norton Show, Madonna had this to say about Gaga:
"When I first saw her, I saw her performing at a very small club in Manhattan a couple of years ago, maybe it was like three years ago. I was actually really impressed by her. I thought she was really cool and she did remind me of me back in the day. I liked her rawness and there was something fresh about there and ballsy, and when she spoke to the audience, she sounded like she had a similar sense of humor to me, quite ironic, and I liked her. So I do think she is very talented."
On 20/20 Madonna was asked again by McFadden about Gaga and relayed this to the viewers:
"I certainly think she references me a lot in her work. And sometimes I think it's amusing and flattering and well-done,"
and later added that Gaga is making a
"statement about taking something that was in the zeitgeist, you know, 20 years ago and turning it inside out and reinterpreting it."
I think that is something that all artists, including Madonna, have done in their careers. Certainly Madonna faced similar criticism early on in her rise to superstardom for taking inspiration from Marilyn Monroe or other iconic women of the past. I don't think Madonna in any way, shape or form is trying to rip Gaga a new monster hole. Madonna has nothing to worry about and if she DID dislike Lady Gaga I think she would make that perfectly clear. I love them both, but Madonna will ALWAYS be my true love. She's the Queen!Here are some clips of Madonna from The Graham Norton Show for you to worship this morning.The last one is particularly funny. I won't ruin it. I have missed you, Madonna. You look PERFECT!



No comments:

Post a Comment