Friday, October 1, 2010

FLASHBACK: ANGGUN - SNOW ON THE SAHARA

One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my entire life, I first discovered Anggun's enchanting song Snow on the Sahara when my best friend Christine gave it to me on a mix when we were parting ways in Japan. I have been obsessed with it ever since. Anggun is an international pop star from Indonesia with a beautiful voice and face. The song was a minor hit here in the US in 1998, but I play it ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME cuz it's gorgeous. Listen to this and if you don't think it's wonderful, you are a full-on dildo. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Agreed. One of the best songs ever! Words will never do...

    Are you a fan of Anggun? Have you been following her career thus far? I know she hasn't been around in the US for a loooonnnggg time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I DO love this song, I have to admit I am not that familiar with her other work. Her voice is lovely and I have listened to some of her other songs, but this song is enough for me to love her forever. I will have to broaden my knowledge of Anggun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I see. But do broaden your knowledge on her! If you go through her discography, you're bound to find an impressive showcase of versatility and diversity! Expect the unexpected, though, her follow-ups are nothing like "Sahara" or the first album. :)

    ReplyDelete