Friday, January 29, 2010

MADONNA FRIDAY: DON'T TELL ME

Madonna was on a hot streak with the release of her No. 1 album and single Music, and her success continued with Don't Tell Me. The closest Madonna will ever get to a country song, Madonna wrote the song with her brother-in-law Joe Henry (married to her sister Melanie). He had recorded the song for his 2001 album Scar. She and Mirwais took the song and rearranged it and the rest is history. For the video, Madonna took the cowboy theme of the pictures on her Music album and created a high-tech, country linedance inspired video with some sexy boys in tow. The single was another huge success, reaching No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and stayed in the top 10 for eight weeks. The single has sold 4.5 million copies to date. One of my personal faves, this song got me through some really tough times when I was in a place I didn't want to be. I listened to it every morning on my way to work and it never failed to lift my spirits. Here's Don't Tell Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment