Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ABBAWORLD? YES, PLEASE!

ABBA is one of the greatest bands ever. Their music is so fun and melodic and happy and sad and...... well. I like the. Since they are one of the biggest selling artists of all time, I am guessing most of you reading this do too, or at least have a fave ABBA song. Liar! Yes, you do. Well, if you are obsessed with ABBA, like me, and you're going to be in London, you can visit the ABBAWORLD museum and theme park!! WHAT?? Yes, it's true. The exhibit will open on Wednesday and the Swedish organizers promise it will be a "place for total interaction" with ABBA. The celebration kicks off tonight and members Bjorn Ulvaeus and Anna-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad will be there. The music of ABBA will be all up in the hizzy at ABBAWORLD (duh!) and tells the story of the band in 25 rooms spread out over 2,800 square meters (it's in London, so you can convert it to feet if you wish). Costumes will be on exhibit and a recreation of Polar Studios, where the band recorded, and the cabin by the sea near Stockholm where Benny Anderson and Bjorn wrote the timeless hits. Interactive elements let fans take quizzes, mix the music themselves, dance and sing with ABBA in holographic video technology. The members of ABBA have vowed that they will never reunite, even though they are being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. This may be the closest fans ever get to seeing them together in one place. I want to go to London so bad now I can taste it!!!! If anyone goes, let me know immediately! Ha. No, for realz. Let me know. I'd do anything for a ticket. ANYTHING. Not that, though. Okay. I'm rambling. Bye! [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment