Thursday, April 1, 2010

MILEY CYRUS CONTINUES TO DEFEND GAY MARRIAGE

I can't believe this turn of events. I am going to write yet ANOTHER positive blog about Miley! Are pigs flying? Has hell frozen over? Did Ricky Martin come out? Oh, wait. That one did happen. Scratch that. Anyway, I'm rambling. Miley Cyrus has already revealed that the reason she had to shut down her twitter account was because she tweeted her support of gay marriage and got so much disturbing hate mail that she quit tweeting altogether. Well she doesn't care what you think, bigots, she is still adamant about her stance on gay marriage. Miley appeared on the Ellen Degeneres show Wednesday and said all the hate thrown at her just made her more steadfast in her belief that everyone should be equal. She tells Ellen, "I was asked a question; it wasn't like I was trying to force my opinion on anyone else... I was asked the question, 'Miley, what do you think?' And I said, 'I believe there's no other judge but God. I'm not one to tell someone that they can't love someone else when I'm happily in love with someone. Then I got people hating me for believing in love... It seems very twisted to me. I guess it's better to keep your opinions to yourself, but I never regret what I say, I guess, when I speak my opinion - because if I'm asked I will tell you." Well put, Miley. It's great that someone in her position comes out in support of equality. It can really help change people's minds. Now if we can get her to support not singing anymore we'll be in business. Sorry. I couldn't help it. [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment