Monday, March 8, 2010

MORE GAY NEWS (SORT OF): SEAN HAYES IS OUT, AND GIVING SHADE ABOUT IT

Sean Hayes, Jack from Will & Grace, has always been very private about his sexuality. Not private enough for us to not know from 100 miles away that he is gayer than Christmas, but private. After 12 long years since he became a household name, Sean is finally coming out of the closet....... and he is gonna give us all sass about it. Sean tells the Advocate:

"I am who I am. I was never in, as they say. Never.” .....“Why would you go down that path with somebody who’s done so much to contribute to the gay community?” he asks. “That was my beef about it. What more do you want me to do? Do you want me to stand on a float? And then what? It’s never enough. I feel like I’ve contributed monumentally to the success of the gay movement in America, and if anyone wants to argue that, I’m open to it. You’re welcome, Advocate."

Wow. Testy much? I like Sean Hayes, but c'mon!! Yes, Sean, we would like you to do ALL those things. Stand on a float, speak at a rally, represent your community. The least you could have done is acknowledge the fact that you weren't afraid to say you were gay. I mean, you were playing THE gayest character on television. Yes, W&G helped make strides for the gay community in some ways, but you coming out would have helped a lot more. So many gay characters are played by straight actors, like Eric McCormack playing Will, so maybe it would have helped other gay actors at least get the part of a gay character if you had admitted your sexuality. You are a celebrity, like it or not, and you should have felt a sense of duty to the gay community to act as if you were proud of who you were. SO DON'T GET ATTITUDE WITH ME!!!! [source and image]

No comments:

Post a Comment