Friday, November 6, 2009

MADONNA FRIDAY: BORDERLINE

"Something in the way you love me won't let me be"..... Madonna could have been saying this to me, dancing around my bedroom with a rag tied on my head, singing along to Borderline. Back in early 1984, Madge was still shiny and new and Borderline was on it's way to becoming her first Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Considered by most to be a Madonna and 80s classic, Borderline was fun, sexy, flirty and bratty and let Madonna make her first real mark on video with it's bright, battle of the sexes, girl-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks-makes-good concept. She danced, she sang, she modeled, she spray painted a car and pissed off some guy that looks a lot like Paul McCartney (but isn't). Madonna had an unprecedented string of top 1o hits following this song, but Borderline is one of a kind. Enjoy the video and don't let it push you "over the bordeline".


No comments:

Post a Comment