Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JANET JACKSON DISCUSSES LADY GAGA

Janet Jackson is already a music legend. She has had a career that most people would kill for. The last decade was tough for her, both personally and professionally, but Janet isn't stopping. Janet is being featured in an upcoming issue of Wonderland, and as part of the interview the magazine asked Janet if she feels any need to keep up with all the kids these days, specifically Lady Gaga and Rihanna. Janet had this to say:
"I think a lot of [what Lady Gaga wears] is really cool. I’m not knocking Gaga in any way, because I’m actually a fan of hers. I don’t know because we’ve never spoken, but when I look at her, I get the vision of Leigh Bowery. I mean, everybody’s inspired by something. Do I think it’s over the top at all? I enjoy it because it’s something kind of different. It’s something new to look at. It’s going to be hard [for her] to keep up with that, but who knows?"
That's fair. I do think Gaga has many, many, many tricks up her sleave. Janet is hard at work on a new album and sounds like she's in a good place. Here is a video of some behind the scenes footage of her photo shoot with Wonderland. [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment