Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JOHNNY WEIR CALLS OUT THE STRAIGHT MEN ON TIGHTS

Johnny Weir, the gayest thing to happen to figure skating (and that's saying a lot) is calling out the straight men who think the sport is too gay. Weir does make a valid point though when he states,"I am an effeminate person. I like sparkly things. I like the theatre of figure skating. But in no way does that make me less macho than someone in a muscle shirt and tattoos with grease stains or whatever. I know for the men's population of the United States, figure skating is a gay sport — and that's a misconception. There are so many straight athletes in figure skating. But I think it's the music and costumes that turn most men off, cause they want to see spandex men hitting each other's ass and throwing a ball. It's very different." True. Football players all shower together and slap asses all the time. They get all sweaty and grabby and lay in piles on one another. Wait. What was I saying? Oh, but I also admit that, of all the sports I watch, figure skating is the most....... froofy. Is that a word? But that's why I watch it, because you can see the emotion and artistry that is behind it. [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment