Tuesday, February 23, 2010

VAMPIRE WEEKEND HAS A GAY KEYBOARDIST!

YEA!! I knew I liked them for some reason. Vampire Weekend, the indie rock sensation, has a big ol' gay keyboard player, and he's a cutie. Rostam Batmanglij recently came out to Out Magazine about his gayness and how he hopes to inject (no pun intended) a gay sensibility into the band's music. He says he hopes the song "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" becomes a gay anthem. "With that song I was having fun, but at the same time it was honest — those lyrics are meaningful to me, they come from my heart,” Batmanglij says. “I was disappointed when it didn’t become a gay anthem, but, you know, it’s not too late.” C'MON GAYS!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!! SUPPORT A BROTHER! Anyway, it's good to see someone brave enough to come out in the music industry. I bought the new Vampire Weekend album when it came out and it rocks. Check it out, y'all!! [source]

1 comment:

  1. Maybe people should just buy music they like that sounds good, rather than based on some ill-conceived notion of imagined solidarity with someone they don't know and will never meet.

    ReplyDelete