Saturday, March 13, 2010

CYNDI LAUPER TALKS NEW ALBUM, NEW REALITY SHOW, NEW BROADWAY SHOW

Cyndi Lauper is a pop legend. No one will ever forget how she, beating Madonna by a nose, brought girl power to the 80s. Cyndi's debut album, She's So Unusual, released in 1983 was a mulit-platinum success, made her the first female singer to have four top-five hits from one album, stayed on the charts for 172 weeks, and won her a Best New Artist Grammy that year. Well since then Cyndi has not slowed down. In a recent interview with the New York Times, Cyndi talks about her upcoming album (reportedly a blues album), the Broadway show Kinky Boots that she is composing music for (being brought to Broadway by Harvey Fierstein, Jerry Mitchell and Daryl Roth) and her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice in support of her True Colors fund. Cyndi says about the experiece on the reality show, "I will always be grateful that I got the chance to represent my True Colors fund and to talk about gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual and civil rights. Not that I made a lot of money for it, mind you, but I did bring those issues to prominence. I can’t help myself — always the loudmouth." Perhaps out of that experience, the two-time Emmy winner also got her own reality show. She goes on, "Let’s see, I have also signed with Mark Burnett Productions to do a reality show. It’s early days, but I definitely want it to have some comedy. Nobody wants me to be serious, me included." Well, Cyndi is hilaroius and great in front of the camera. What an inspiring lady. I have loved Cyndi from the moment I remember seeing her flaming red hair and crazy makeup on the television. Living legend in deed. See the rest of the interview here. Now enjoy the title cut to Cyndi's last soops amazy album Into the Nightlife, shot in Splash bar in NYC. [image]

No comments:

Post a Comment