Saturday, March 6, 2010

ROSEANNE HAS SOME HARSH WORDS FOR THE MORMON CHURCH.....AND MARIE OSMOND?

Okay, look. I agree with Roseanne that the Mormon church has crossed the line with their stance on gays, taking out of the realm of religion and making it political by donating tons of money to Prop 8. That's wrong wrong wrong. But to attack a mother who is grieving the death of a child is beyond reprehensible. NOT TO MENTION that Marie Osmond has come out in support of her gay daughter and even gay marriage, so Roseanne has no reason to bring Marie's name up! In a post on her blog entitled "Marie Osmond's Poor Gay Son Killed Himself" Rosanne wrote:
"because he had been told how wrong and how sick he was every day of his life by his church and the people in it. Calling that "depression" is a lie!
Yet the Osmonds still talk lovingly about their church, saying nothing about its extremely anti-gay Crusade. Marie also has a gay daughter! Hey, I want her and all the gay kids in the world to know that they are just fine being gay and that they deserve love and respect instead of insults and rebuke! I have gay people in my family and my circle of friends and I am kicking bigot ass and taking names
"
I mean, there are so many things in this post that Roseanne clearly did not research AT ALL!! First, the talk of whether or not Marie's son, Michael Blosil, was gay is pure speculation. It appears that he likely was, but no one has come forward with definite information on that. Second, Marie has been very, very open about the fact that she supports her gay daughter. I think for a Mormon.. a FAMOUS Mormon to come out and say that is pretty brave. If any other Mormon had done that, I assure you they would not be part of the church any longer. Don't get me wrong, I think the Mormon church is wrong about a lot of things... most things. I am not defending them in any way, but Marie Osmond just lost a child at 18 years-old. That is just awful. And for someone to ignorantly drag her through the mud at this time is disgraceful. Shame on you, Roseanne. It's time for you to get a life, sweetie. GET A LIFE!!!!

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment