Thursday, March 4, 2010

ANTI-GAY POLITICIAN ARRESTED FOR DRUNK DRIVING AWAY FROM A GAY BAR

SNAP!!! Love it when things work out this way. California State Senator Roy Ashburn (Boy Assbum... just came to me), who is famous for opposing gay rights was picked up by police in Sacramento Wednesday morning for driving like a crazy queen who lost a heel. Ashburn is a divorced man with four kids, but he was carrying around an "unidentified male passenger" at the time of his arrest. Hmmmm. It's also being reported that the homophobe was leaving Faces, a gay club in Sacramento. I was supposed to go there while I was in Sac, but me and my group fell asleep at 8 PM. Wonder if I would have been propositioned by a state senator. Anyhooooo..... Ashburn issued this apology:
"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."
No mention of the trick in the passenger seat, but I'm sure he is going to avoid that little tidbit as long as he can. To quote RuPaul again, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love someone else?" [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment