Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FLASHBACK: THE GO-GO'S - HEAD OVER HEELS

In the 80s there were two major girl bands: The Bangles and The Go-Go's. I was in love with both!! More than anything, I loved me some Belinda Carlisle, which gave the Go-Go's a slight edge in some respect. There initial success with songs like We Got the Beat and Vacation lead to my fave song by the group, Head Over Heels. The song was the first single from The Go-Go's third album, Talk Show, and it peaked at #11 on the charts. I was surprised looking back that the song didn't peak in the top 10. It was literally EVERYWHERE in 1984. Anyhoo, the girls made a cute video of them playing and singing and the song is considered an 80s classic. In 2004 the tune was used in the Jennifer Garner movie 13 Going on 30. Check it out below and enjoy the hand-claps. (They are the count of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment