Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ASHER ROTH IS NOT GAY, BUT HE'S NOT A DICK ABOUT IT EITHER

Asher Roth (apparently a rapper..and kinda cute) has been the subject of rumors recently involving his coming out as being a gay. There was some Internet gossip going around that Roth was going to be coming out in an interview with E! news. Well, Roth, who recently released his first album, Asleep in the Bread Aisle (#5) and hit single I Love College, has denied any such rumors stating, "I hate to disappoint and take away the entertainment of it all but I am straight, not gay. It's disheartening to know such news on someone's personal life can be portrayed as fact with no viable source. This, to me, is an opportunity to expose our vulnerability to lies and manipulation through unprofessional and irresponsible news outlets, in which people consider truth." The rapper then added something that was very remarkably insightful and intelligent (especially for a rapper) adding, "Further, someone's sexual orientation should NEVER be big news, as it delivers a troubling message to children that they can't be themselves without fear of judgement. Race, creed, and sexual persuasion should not just be tolerated but understood and accepted. It's extremely disappointing that this topic would be used with the intention of being hurtful." Wow! I wish Roth was gay now so I could give him a big ol' smooch for being so smart! Good for you, Asher. I might have to illegally download some of your music. What? I don't buy rap. Here's the video to I Love College.

No comments:

Post a Comment