Tuesday, December 29, 2009

TOP 10 ONE-HIT WONDERS OF THE DECADE

Billboard.com has compiled a list of the top one-hit wonders of the decade. These songs were the only significant hit for the artist who performed them, but DAYUM did they hit big!! Some are a nice flashback to the time they ruled the charts. Some make me wanna shoot myself in the ear. Here they are:
10. He Loves U Not - Dream. Diddy's girl group hit big back in December 2000 with this little ditty (pun intended). While their next single hit 39, it was a disappointment and the girls soon broke up. Aww.


9. Inside Your Heaven - Bo Bice. Bo won American Idol and Inside Your Heaven hit No. 2 in July 2005. The end....of the story and Bice. He hasn't seen the top 40 since. He was sexy though.


8. Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) - Blu Cantrell. OMG! I loved this song. Sassy and sexy, Blu had a great voice and one big hit in July 2001. She was soon seen in a bunch of magazines in pics she posed for before she was famous with her naked VERY large azz out. That make ME blue.


7. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley. Quite a phenom at the time of it's release, people in July 2006 were saying Gnarls Barkley were the next big thing. They were wrong. They hit No. 2 and went away.


6. You're Beautiful - James Blunt. The most annoying song of the decade, this ear-sore hit No. 1 in March 2006 and made me want to jump in front of a subway car. Thank gayness he went away quick.


5. Laffy Taffy - D4L. Um, I've never heard of this group or this song, but apparently in January 2006 it was No. 1. Guess I missed that one. All signs point to WHEW!!!!


4. This Is Why I'm Hot - Mims. Another one I missed out on. Where was I? No idea. Don't care. This was No. 1 for two weeks in March '07. Okay.


3. Butterfly - Crazy Town. Now we're talkin'! Cute boys without shirts rapping about sensitive things. I'm in! I loved this song, but Crazy Town hit No. 1 for a couple of weeks and vanished. The blond guy was on Celebrity Rehab. Hmm.


2. Lean Back - Terror Squad. Ugh! Unfortunately, I DO remember this one. In August 2004 it topped the charts and made me doubt the ability of all America to hear.


1. Bad Day - Daniel Powter. With the help of being American Idol's send-off song, Powter took this song to No. 1 in April 2006, going on to become the biggest single of the year. He hasn't seen the Hot 100 since. I do like this song, but it makes me feel like I've been voted off something.


Anyway, those are the standout one-hit wonders of the decade. Can you think of any more? [image]

1 comment:

  1. The one-hitter image is a nice touch. Not that I'd know what that is or anything....

    ReplyDelete