Monday, December 14, 2009

HOUSTON, TEXAS ELECTS OPENLY GAY MAYOR

As a Texan myself, this one make me happy. Houston has just elected their first "openly-gay" mayor. Whether or not anyone has information that another of their mayors was gay but not open about it, I do not know. Anyhoo......Annise Parker, the city controller for the past five years, was elected in a run-off with 53% of the vote. Houston is the largest U.S. city to ever elect an openly-gay mayor. Parker stated that, "the voters of Houston opened the door to history." I agree. If Ms. Parker was the best person for the job, it's still a miracle that she was able to be elected in such a conservative state. Hopefully we'll see more of this kind of free thinking in the future. [source][image]

1 comment:

  1. Just to let everyone know. The person who posted a reply asked me to delete it so that she could re-think how she wanted to state her comment. I was not deleting it for any other reason. I welcome all opinions.

    ReplyDelete