Thursday, February 4, 2010

ELLEN DEGENERES OPENS UP TO KATIE COURIC

Ellen Degeneres sat down with Katie Couric. How cute is THAT interveiw!!??? Lots of interesting topics came up including Ellen's coming out story, her talk show and equal rights. Ellen believes that just because someone watches her show and likes her doesn't mean it makes it easy if their child comes out. "I think there are a lot of people who are probably fans of the show, but if their kid came home and said [‘I’m gay’] they’d ... It’s baby steps, you know," DeGeneres said. Ellen believes in taking the high road and not hating the haters saying "Let's take, for example, someone who is antigay — someone who despises homosexuals ... who I am. I have to remind myself, if I hate that person, if I judge that person, I’m the same as them." She's a better person than I am. I have to say that is a very hard thing to do. People are so ignorant to think that they know why anyone else is the way they are. I don't know why you do what you do and I don't care. Anyway, I digress. Watch some of the interview with Katie below. [soure]

Watch CBS News Videos Online

No comments:

Post a Comment