Friday, April 6, 2012

MADONNA AND LIONEL RICHIE TWEET CONGRATS TO ONE ANOTHER

This is pretty damn cute! Two musical giants from as far back as the 70s and 80s have topped the Billboard 200 album chart this week. Madonna's MDNA, as expected, tops the list selling 359,000 copies in it's first week, her highest tally since 2000's Music, and Lionel Richie debuts at #2 with his latest, Tuskegee, with 199,000 sold. MDNA places Madonna second on the list of female artists with the most #1 albums with 8. Only Barbra Streisand is ahead of her with 9. I'm guessing Madge will tie that one. The last time Madonna and Lionel Richie were on the charts together was way back on October 4, 1986 when Dancing on the Ceiling was the #1 album and Madonna's former #1 True Blue was at #5. Looks like old times again.

Billboard reports:
"Madonna started the Twitter love-fest, sending "Congrats on a successful record. To the other Richie in my life," to her fellow chart-topper. Richie replied, "What's going on family? Can you believe we are sitting on the top of the charts together again? There is no one I would rather be on top with. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you," to which Madonna joked, "OK, but as long as I'm on top.......Madonna continued to joke with Richie, asking, "Remember when we were neighbors?" He replied, "Do I remember?!?! ... The only problem I had is when I came out of my house the fans would ask me where you live? I was the tour guide for the street. The neighborhood was never the same after you left." And in response to Madonna's "You still live in that shithole?" Richie answered, "Hell no!! I moved out right behind you. The street wasn't exciting anymore."

Well congrats to both of the musical icons, but remember who's on top! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment