Sunday, April 29, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 7 - THE FAST

DAY 7: Well, our super is going to (fingers crossed) fix our bathroom today. It's totally usable except there's no light or electricity. It's not like we use a lot of electrical appliances in there anyway. We're guys after all. So I got up at 7:30 today for no apparent reason besides I was awake and feelin' good. Obviously we didn't got to the party that we were scheduled for last night due to the maintenance issues in our apartment. So upon awaking I had my water with lemon and cayenne and a nice herbal tea. Now, to fast or not to fast? That is the question? We are going to try. The fast, of course as I explained yesterday, is not a day of ingesting nothing. On the contrary, we can have as much juice as we wish all day. It doesn't sound that hard actually. I really like the green juices, so unless the urge to chew kicks in, we should be fine. "We" of course being my husband and I. lest you think I am using the royal "we". Ha. Anyway, I decided to juice as much as we had left in the fridge this morning, so I did just that. We are set for a couple of juices now I think. OH, I forgot to mention one exciting thing that happened yesterday: I got two tickets to see Stevie Nicks at the Beacon on July 2nd. I have never seen her and I've loved her almost my entire life. YAY!! Okay. Onward with the day. The super showed up on time (miracles never cease) and got the ceiling fixed, the lights back on and did the first round of plastering. He'll have to come back in a couple of days to finish the rest. So that's done for today. YAY!! We decided to take a little walk and pick up some juice to take with us for the afternoon, just to get some sun and fresh air because it was BEAUTIFUL outside today in NYC. We walked up Riverside Park and visited our bestie who is getting married in May!! (Hi, Jason!) Wedding talk (and some cleanse and exercise talk) ensued, and of course some light gossip. Then it was off to the Apple Store, Gap, Banana Republic, American Apparel, Juice Bar and grocery store. We got home and relaxed because we walked a lot and I'm old. I had an herbal tea because I can and you can't stop me. At about 7 o'clock I had my final juice of the day and I gotta tell you, I was satisfied all day long just having the green juices. It never crossed my mind to eat something or break the fast, so this cleanse really can change the way you think about what you put in your body and what your body does and does not need. HOORAY!! Week 2 lies ahead and I am ready and rarin' to go. VEGGIES FOREVER!! (sorry. It's the positivity talking)

7:30 AM - Water w/ lemon and cayenne
8:30 AM -Green Juice & Herbal Tea
12:30 PM - Green Lemonade
4:30 PM - Green Juice
7:00 PM - Green Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment