Thursday, April 26, 2012

21-DAY CLEANSE: DAY 4

DAY 4: And we're off. Today started nice and smooth. I awoke at 7 AM, did my business (gross, I know, but this will happen a lot on the cleanse. THINK THIN!) and cut up some more lemon to take to work. My hubby and I had fun and used some awesome team work last night to make green juice to put in Mason jars (which you should TOTALLY get to keep air out of your juice if you keep it in the fridge overnight. Fill them to the brim and close 'em up) so my breakfast was all ready for me this morning. I have realized that, workout-wise, I like do my lifting in the morning and my cardio in the afternoon, so last night I was able to stay up an hour later and catch up on some much needed tv time. America's Next Top Model: British Invasion (guilty pleasure), The Good Wife (favorite show on tv) and Girls (fast-becoming favorite show on tv), anyone? Anyhoo, I had my delicious, chilled juice this morning and, in a great mood, took off to work. On the train I didn't get a seat, but I pulled out my trusty iPad to read my morning affirmation and "prayer" (I don't like using that word for what it is, so I think I'll call it inspiration from now on.) and felt happy when I got to work. Hilarity ensued all morning talking to the lovely ladies I work with. We're a bawdy bunch. Work, work, work. Morning snack. Before I forget, it's important to know that I drink water ALL DAY LONG. You must drink your water. You can add lemon, cayenne or apple cider vinegar if you want something with a bite. But drink that water, people! Your skin will love you for it. It might even marry you. Lunch was super simple with just broccoli, carrots and hummus. Gotta love hummus. And then more work, work, work. It was a pretty calm afternoon. I then headed home, listening to some Annie Lennox on the train, and stopping by the Westerly for some more groceries. You will be taking a few trips to the market on this cleanse, so get on board with that right away. I hopped on my home elliptical for my cardio while watching Friends (yes, I watch reruns of Friends for an hour every day after getting home from work. Deal with it). Unfortunately my hubby had a work thing again tonight, so I didn't get much time with him, but he did stop by before he left. I'll take it. All in all, some of the things I discovered on Day 4 of the cleanse; when I feel good I'm nicer to others; my energy level seems to be up a bit; and finally I CAN DO IT!! Stay tuned for Day 5.

7:15 AM - Water w/ Lemon and Cayenne
7:40 AM - BREAKFAST - Green Juice
9:30 AM -  Herbal tea with Stevia
10:40 AM - Handful of mixed nuts
12:00 PM - LUNCH - Broccoli & Carrots with Hummus
3:30 PM - Snack - Brown Rice Cake with Raw Almond Butter
5:00 PM - Cardio workout
5:40 PM - SNACK - organic brown rice snaps w/ all natural black bean dip
7:15 PM - DINNER - Green Juice w/ Coconut water.

No comments:

Post a Comment