Saturday, April 28, 2012

21- DAY CLEANSE: DAY 6

DAY 6: Well, it's the first weekend on the cleanse. I have a party to go to tonight, so we'll see how well I hold up under the pressure of booze and food. I think I'll be fine. Woke up at 7:30 this morning and had my water w/ lemon and cayenne before heading off to the gym for my last workout of the week. I did the cardio and meditated in the sauna for 5 minutes. Came back and my hubby was awake so we made our morning juice together and drank it from our Red Neck Wine Glasses that my sisters gave us for our wedding. So cute!! (pictured) THEN OUR BATHROOM CEILING STARTED LEAKING!! What? Yes. I ran upstairs to find out the one thing no one wants to know....... our upstairs neighbors toilet was overflowing and leaking into our bathroom. Gross. They stopped the overflowing and the leaking eventually stopped, so we were trying to get the super to come up and assess the damage. The light wasn't working anymore and there was a big bubble of water on the wall. Ew! Since the super wasn't available right away, we decided to get out of the house for a bit. So we spent the afternoon doing a little walking around and some light shopping. Stopped off in a juice shop for a little green juice and my hubby ordered a shot of wheat grass that he very much enjoyed. We got back home later and decided to have a dear friend over for dinner. We made a recipe from the Crazy Sexy Diet book, Mexican Pilaf, and let me tell you....IT WAS FREAKIN' DELICIOUS BEYOND BELIEF!!! I mean, better than almost anything I've ever been involved in making. Then, we settled down to watch First Wives Club, because....well....HELLO! About 20 minutes into the movie the super showed up. He started working on the wall and as we speak he is trying to fix the light. Looks like the power is out in the bathroom, but we can live one night with that. As long as he is up here and acknowledging the problem, we are 99% ahead of most NYC apartment buildings. Ha. All in all, the 6th day was pretty fantastic I would say. We haven't fully decided, but every 7th day of the cleanse is a juice fast. I am pretty sure we are going to do it, but you'll get that update tomorrow. See you then!

9:00 AM - Cardio workout
10:00 AM - BREAKFAST - Green Juice
12:30 PM -LUNCH - Salad w/ Raw Veggies, Black & Garbanzo beans, Avocado and Green Garlic Salad
3:30 PM - Green Juice
8:00 PM - Mexican Pilaf

No comments:

Post a Comment