Sunday, August 16, 2009

TWO, TWO, TWO MOVIE REVIEWS IN ONE




On Saturday my boyfriend and I went, excitedly, to see 500 days of Summer. He has a thing for Joseph Gordon-Levitt and we both like Zooey Deschanel (you know, the girl that looks like Katy Perry, but shorter with less boobage). HE loved it. I liked it. It is a boy meets girl story with a twist, but I was put off by the SPOILER ALERT way Summer lead Tom on. I think it was just too close to home for most people who have been strung along at some point. I kinda hated her character (but YES, I do like Zooey). It's worth seeing and, to be fair, almost everyone else I know who has seen it has really, really liked it. So if you like indie flicks about manipulative, sneaky whores who sting along cute guys and make them feel bad, then you will LOVE this film. :)
Sunday my lovey-dovey was out of town, and he had already seen it, so I went to see District 9. I assumed this was going to be the run of the mill SciFi movie, but it is so much more. It has a lot of interesting things to say about prejudice and politics and the way we see our own world. The special effects are sooo good that you completely forget they are special effects. There are some nice gross-out kind of things going on, but you do feel a connection with the characters and it keeps your attention and keeps moving for the entire couple of hours. The aliens are called "prawns" and you will see why. It took me a while to quit laughing everytime they said it though. All in all, I would say it's worth a looky-loo. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment