Monday, August 17, 2009

BROADWAY'S TWITTERGATE.

There's recently been a lot of attention about this casting director, Daryl Eisenberg, tweeting about performers during casting sessions. Or should I say TWATING. This "human being" said some pretty nasty and VERY specific things about actors, allegedly after they had left the room. Things like, "Your skirt makes me think you're Wiccan...", which I assume could be easily identified to someone who was there that day, at least by the person wearing the skirt. As a former performer myself, I can say this "woman" is a super-asshole!! Who in their right mind in her position would think it's appropriate to talk shit about people who are, in this horrible economy, coming in to pour out their heart and soul in an audition for the hope of making a living for a little while. Everyone should go on her twitter page and let her know exactly how they feel about what a disgusting excuse for a person she is. Shame on you, Daryl. As Marc Shaiman, a noted Tony award winning composer said, and I paraphrase, I HOPE anyone else with a show to cast would never employ a casting agency that allowed that behavior. Apparently she has agreed not to tweet from the audition room anymore, but why was she stupid enough to do it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment