Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: NICOLA ROBERTS - CINDERELLA'S EYES

Okay, I have reviewed both of Cheryl Cole's albums and Nadine Coyle as well. Both from the British Uber-girls Group Girls Aloud. Now comes the third member to put out her solo effort and it's the best yet I think!!!! Nicola Roberts, the seemingly shy red head who was always getting overshadowed as come out of nowhere and dropped an album full of pop fun and serious vocals. It's no secret that Beat of My Drum is one of my fave songs of the entire year, but it's not even the best song on the disc. Second single Lucky Day is pure joy, and gems like the staccato chorus of Yo-Yo, the pulsing beats of the title track and the beautiful melody and defiant lyrics of Sticks + Stonesall deserve their time in the sun. There really is not a bad song in the bunch!! Take that, Cheryl and Nadine! I will say that there is one other album Cinderella's Eyes reminds me of and it belonged to another ginger from a British girls group. Yes, Geri Halliwell's debut album Schizophonic is all over this disc, with a few updates and tweaks. That is a compliment by the way. But I digress. Very strong solo debut for Nicola. I understand it isn't quite connecting with British listeners, so bring it over here, girl! Now go out and buy this girls disc if you can find it. You will love it. Watch her two videos below and listen to Sticks + Stones.


1 comment:

  1. She forgot to wear pants in the video for Lucky Day. Not that I'm complaining

    ReplyDelete