Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'M BACK!!! LET'S GET THIS PARTY RE-STARTED

Hello, everyone. It's been a very exciting couple of months. I had a BIG birthday (a lady never reveals her age) and I got married!!! Yes, thanks to the good people of New York, my now-husband Ben and I were able to get hitched right here in NYC at the beautiful Soho House and had 83 degree weather to have our reception on the rooftop. We ended up, with many of our guests, jumping in the pool fully clothed! (as you can see in the picture I have posted) It was the most amazing weekend of my entire life. The only thing that made it bitter-sweet was the passing of my father on my wedding day. In my mind it was his way of being at the wedding. We had a contentious relationship for a few years, but I always knew he loved me, even if he didn't approve and couldn't open his mind to my life. I know he cleared the sky for my special week and made my sisters' visit as beautiful as possible. R.I.P., daddy. Now the next stage of my life begins as a married man. I'M FREAKIN' MARRIED, Y'ALL!!!!

1 comment: