Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FLASHBACK: WHITESNAKE - HERE I GO AGAIN

Back in the 80s (and still for me) hair metal ruled!! There was Poison, Guns N Roses, Winger, Def Leppard and this band, who had the hardest rocking album my little life could handle, Whitesnake. I loved their self-titled 1987 album so much that I listened to it all day, every day for a year. Here I Go Again was their biggest hit ever and it was a doozy. It hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on October 10, 1987 and produced one of the sexiest, most memorable videos of the decade. Of course, the band didn't really make the video what it was, it was the hot redhead doing the splits on the Jaguar XJ, "actress" Tawny Kitaen. Tawny, who had appeared in films like Bachelor Party and Witchboard, was dating lead singer David Coverdale at the time and appeared in all the videos released for the single's from this Whitesnake album. The images of her on the cars and hanging out the window while driving throug a tunnel... and everything else are etched in the memory of all 80s metal lovers. She was THE video girl of the day. Now she's a hot mess, but that's not important. Whitesnake had a couple of other huge hits from this record, Still of the Night and Is This Love, but Here I Go Again remains their signature song. I still get goosebumps when I hear it too and I wanna do a front walkover on a car. I'd tear every muscle in my body, but gawd I'd be hot. Anyhoo, watch the video and love it, or else...


No comments:

Post a Comment