Sunday, January 20, 2013

FLASHBACK SPECIAL: MY MUSIC IN 1985 - JANUARY 20TH

Heading into the third week of 1985 a few things come to my attention. Isn't it interesting how your feelings about certain songs change over the years? For example, I had NO idea what the song Relax was about in 1985. That shiz is D-I-R-T-Y!! Ha. I linked to the original, ÜBER GAY, banned version of the video below. I apparently loved the song You're the Inspiration in 1985. I can't stand to listen to it now. Interesting indeed.... Also so many songs stood the test of time like Boys of Summer and I Would Die 4 U while others, like Careless Whisper and Jamie, did not. At least not for me. Prince & The Revolution kept the top spot this week while his protégés, The Time, sneak into the top 10 for the first time with Jungle Love. Another Prince discovery, Sheila E., is also still on the charts at #16. This was THE Prince era, after all. Also, I'm sure I had a crush on Glenn Frey in 1985. Just sayin'. Okay, check out the links on the songs below and relive your childhood...or discover a different era if you're too young...bitch. Enjoy! Here is my top 30 the week of January 20, 1985.

30. Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
29. Do What You Do - Jermaine Jackson
28. Private Dancer - Tina Turner
27. Wild Boys - Duran Duran
26. Cool It Now - New Edition
25. California Girls - David Lee Roth
24. Operator - Midnight Star
23. Misled - Kool & The Gang
22. Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition
21. The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
20. Call to the Heart - Giuffria
19. Solid - Ashford & Simpson
18. Foolish Heart - Steve Perry
17. Easy Lover - Phil Collins and Philip Bailey
16. Belle of St. Mark - Sheila E.
15. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
14. Mistake #3 - Culture Club
13. Method of Modern Love - Hall & Oates
12. Love Light In Flight - Stevie Wonder
11. Jamie - Ray Parker, Jr.
10. Jungle Love - The Time
09. Neutron Dance - The Pointer Sisters
08. Money Changes Everything - Cyndi Lauper
07. Boys of Summer - Don Henley
06. Careless Whisper - Wham!
05. Do They Know It's Christmas Time - Band Aid
04. Loverboy - Billy Ocean
03. Like a Virgin - Madonna
02. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
01. I Would Die 4 U - Prince & The Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment