Thursday, January 10, 2013

THE #1 SONG 25 YEARS AGO TODAY WAS....

....So Emotional by Whitney Houston. Taking the top spot on January 9, 1988, Whitney racked up her 6th consecutive #1 song with So Emotional. The song was the third single and third #1 from Houston's second album, Whitney, and one of my all time favorite songs by "the voice". The song was written by the amazy song writing team of Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg who wrote, among other hits, , I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders, , Alone by Heart, True Colors by Cyndi Lauper, Eternal Flame by The Bangles, and Like a Virgin by Madonna. Not too shabby, fellas. So Emotional stayed in the US top 10 for 14 weeks and became ranked #6 on the Billboard year-end chart. Whitney was on FIRE, guuurl. Anyway, get up, warm up your muscles and dance around to the #1 song 25 years ago today, Whitney's So Emotional. "I don't know why I like you. I just do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment