Back in 1984 it was impossible to get away from Footloose. The movie was a surprise blockbuster and the soundtrack was a non-stop ass-shaker with hit after hit. Writer/Producer Dean Pitchford collaborated with about a dozen songwriters to come up with an eclectic mix of pop music that somehow formed a cohesive soundtrack with a little something for everyone. From rockabilly to R&B, hard rock to new wave, all bases were covered. The record produced two #1 songs on the Hot 100 (Footloose and Let's Hear It For The Boy), another top 10 hit (#7 Almost Paradise) a top 20 hit (#17 Dancing in the Sheets) and two more top 40 charters (#22 I'm Free(Heaven Helps the Man) and #34 Holding Out For a Hero), but I think most people who were alive and listening to pop music would agree that every song was A-MAH-ZING! If they don't agree, quite frankly, they must be destroyed. The album has gone on to sell in excess of 9 million copies in the US alone to date. Sweet! So to salute one of my fave albums of all time, here is the track listing of the original nine-song album and the videos for all the songs that were released and links on the songs that didn't have official videos. Enjoy and cut loose, bitches.
1. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
2. Let's Hear It For the Boy - Deniece Williams 3. Almost Paradise - Mike Reno and Ann Wilson
4. Holding Out For a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
5. Dancing In the Sheets - Shalamar
6. I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man) - Kenny Loggins 7. Somebody's Eyes - Karla Bonoff 8. The Girl Gets Around - Sammy Hagar 9. Never, Never - Moving Pictures