Wednesday, January 30, 2013

HUMPDAY SEXY SONG: SLAVE TO LOVE - BRYAN FERRY

There's nothing quite like an 80s new wave ballad to set my heart aflutter. In 1985 Roxy Music lead singer Bryan Ferry released Slave to Love as the first single off of his solo album Boys and Girls. Perhaps his best known solo single, Slave shot to #10 on the UK charts becoming one of his biggest hits. The sexy video for the single was shot by acclaimed director Jean Baptiste Mondino, but I knew the song from it's inclusion in the super erotic film 9 1/2 Weeks starring Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke. GAWD I love that movie. As a bonus, I included a fan made video with clips from the movie below the official video. Uh, you're welcome! Anyway, this song has pretty much stayed on my playlist since 1985 and I make no apologies for it. It's a Humpday classic, so get to it, people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment