Friday, June 24, 2011

K.D. LANG COVERS LITTLE RIVER BAND'S REMINISCING

I had the special privilege of seeing k.d. lang at the Beacon Theatre this past week and I must say it was the most incredible live vocal performance by anyone I have ever seen. She has complete command and control of her instrument and kept the entire, diverse crowd in the palm of her hand for the entire performance. I was a true master class in performing. What an incredible pro. My fave little part was when she said she loved being in New York City because of "all the freaks" and if you're at a k.d. lang show "you're a freak". Ha. She was enchanting. One of the best surprises was her cover of Little River Band's Reminiscing. It is a bonus track on her website version of Sing It Loud, her new amazing record. It is truly outstanding and beautiful work. I have looked all week for a clip of her singing Reminiscing and finally found one from an Australian tv show. They love her Down Under!! So here is the incomparable k.d. lang singing the classic song. (ps... in case you don't know, k.d. lang always writes her name in lowercase letters, so I'm not being disrespectful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment