Friday, June 17, 2011

MADONNA FRIDAY: BAD GIRL

I needed to give you two Madonna Friday posts today. My neighbor, fiance and I had a moment over this video and song last night, so..... Okay. The fact that this song was never a GIGANTOID hit still bothers me to this day. Bad Girl was the third single from the superb Erotica album. Much like the album itself, the single did not receive the attention it deserved. YES, I'M BITTER ABOUT IT!!! The song peaked at #36. F-that!! Okay. I took a deep breath and I am calm now. The song is a ballad about a girl who is having a wee little problem with promiscuity. She is a party girl, sleeping with man after man (so far, so good) who is tired of her lonely lifestyle (okay. you lost me). The video is truly a masterpiece. It's a mini-film in itself with Madonna, looking drop-dead gorgeous, playing "Louise Ciccone", a business woman who is also a nymphomaniac, picking up men and keeping underwear in her purse and an extra suit at the office, just in case. Christopher Walken is her guardian angel/angel of death who is trying to save her from danger that is lurking in the city. Just watch and marvel. I would go as far as to say that Bad Girl is my favorite Madonna video of all time. I can watch it over and over. If you don't like it, you clearly cannot be trusted to make your own decisions in life. Here's Bad Girl.

Madonna - Bad Girl by Warner-Music

No comments:

Post a Comment