Friday, February 11, 2011

LETTER FROM THE BLOGGER: BORN THIS WAY IS NOT EXPRESS YOURSELF

I can't believe how many people are saying Born This Way by Lady Gaga sounds like or resembles Express Yourself by Madonna. I have undoubtedly listened to Express Yourself a billion-and-a-half times (definitely more than you) since it's release in 1989. It's been a personal source of inspiration at almost every important moment in my life (gay enough for ya?). I live for that song. All over the Internet people are calling Born This Way (which I'm listening to on repeat all day at work) a ripoff of EY, and I don't get it. It doesn't sound ANYTHING like Express Yourself. Is it the subject matter and tone? Is it the hard driving beat? Or is it just people waiting for Gaga not to hit a home run again? I don't know, but I can count myself among Madonna experts and I am sure no one has put in as many hours lip syncing to EY as I have, so I am here to tell you that these songs only share one thing in common: THEY ARE AWESOME. Get over it and enjoy two super fantastic songs. That being said, I would love a great mashup!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya!!

2 comments:

  1. ummm your pretty delusional . any DJ knows they are almost identical. lipsynch all you want , it doesnt mean a thing.this is a fact!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell does a DJ have to do with it? I guess DJs are the experts on music now. Ha. What a 2011 response. While I do greatly respect your opinion, you're wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete