Friday, February 18, 2011

NEW VIDEO: BRITNEY SPEARS - HOLD IT AGAINST ME

Okay. First of all, I love Britney. I am rooting for her. I remember the Britney that always gave 100% at everything she did. Her last album, Circus, was a really great pop album, but it seemed she had lost the will to perform. Now comes Hold It Against Me. I am not crazy about the song, but her first singles are not always my fave from her albums, so that doesn't disturb me, but this video is a BIG OL' MESS!! It's edited like the audience can't pay attention to anything for more than three seconds (maybe we can't). Where is all the dancing we were promised? There is no dancing to speak of at all! Remember Slave 4 U, Stronger, Overprotected? Britney can dance like a beyotch! Where was it? Britney's face and body look great, so why did they stretch the screen, a la Paula Abdul's fat days, and put wigs on her that look like they came out of a 1970s country music television special? Also, the paint shooting out of the hands was a great idea, but you never see her face while it's actually happening. BODY DOUBLE!! Then there's a vacant look in her eye. I don't blame Britney totally for this fiasco, but her people need to pull it together. Even her choreographer, Brian Friedman, said on his twitter "Britney Fans... I DIDN'T edit or direct the video so please do not place hostility at me if you aren't happy with what you have seen or see. ...Britney worked her ass off for this video and she and I hope that you all love it." Sounds like a preemptive "sorry" to me. Oh, well. Watch for yourself and decide. I say no.



VIDEO: Britney Spears Hold It Against Me
Uploaded by itnnews. - News videos hot off the press.

No comments:

Post a Comment