Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LADY GAGA'S BILLBOARD INTERVIEW: A SUMMARY

Lady Gaga is on the cover of Billboard magazine and gives an interesting interview in their pages. She covers many subjects in the interview, including:

Her appearance at the Grammys:"My bones have changed in my face and shoulders. I am now able to reveal to the universe that when I was wearing jackets that looked like I was wearing shoulder pads, it was really just my bones underneath."

On the success of Born This Way: "I can't believe it. I'm humbled, honored and overwhelmed at the reception to "Born This Way." This has been so life-changing for me. Between Billboard and the international No. 1s, and the radio numbers... I couldn't be more blessed to have the fans I have." She adds: "..to be the 1,000th No. 1 on Billboard... I would be silly not to say this is the greatest honor of my career... To have sold so many singles so quickly and to be a message--not a song about a nightclub, not a song about sex--a message about love and positivity?"


On the political themes of her new music: "I wanted to put my money exactly where my mouth is. The Little Monsters all over the world as well as the gay community have been tremendously supportive over the years and I have in turn been supportive." She goes on: "This is my chance to create something that is not only supportive of my political and social beliefs--not just for the gay community, but for everyone... This is also my chance to artistically say, 'I'm not being safe with this record.' I'm not trying to gain new fans. I love the fans I already have, and this is for them."

On her Grammy performance: "The Grammy performance was about many things but ultimately the song "Born This Way" . . . is visually and thematically and lyrically about birthing a new race, birthing a race within the race of already existing cultures of humanity--that bears no prejudice and no judgment."

On the Madonna "controversy": "Everyone knows how much I love and adore Madonna..." "I don't think there is a female on the planet that is not inspired by Madonna... on so many levels. I was honored to hear from her--I've met her in the past and worked with her and... she was so supportive and loving and... I think what people are hearing, to be precise, is the spirit of the early '90s. It's not just Madonna, it's Whitney Houston, it's En Vogue, it's TLC. It was a '90s-dance-early-gospel-fusion-with-pop-music, and that's precisely what I intended for it to sound like."

No comments:

Post a Comment